Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Confusing words.

*Confusing Words*

*a/an/and -*

ЁЯНГA is used before a word beginning with a consonant or consonant sound.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗I would love a new car.

ЁЯНГAn is used before a word beginning with a vowel or vowel sound.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗I took an apple for a snack.

ЁЯНГAnd joins words or clauses.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗I love apples and bananas.

*accept/except -*

ЁЯНГAccept means to receive.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗I accept your gift.

ЁЯНГExcept means to exclude.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗I'll give you all my baseball cards except for the Micky Mantle.

 *addition/edition -*

ЁЯНГAn addition is something that is added.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗We built an addition onto the house.

ЁЯНГAn edition is one in a series of printed material.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗Did you see the latest edition of the paper?

*advice/advise -*

ЁЯНГAdvice is an opinion offered as a guide.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗My advice is to study before tests.

ЁЯНГAdvise is the action of offering an opinion as a guide.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗I advise you to study before tests.


*affect/effect -*

ЁЯНГAffect means to influence something.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗He affects me strangely whenever he winks at me.

ЁЯНГEffect means a result or to cause something to happen.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗Your wink has the strangest effect on me.


*allowed/aloud -*

ЁЯНГAllowed means permitted to happen.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗The child is allowed to stay up late on weekends.

ЁЯНГAloud means out loud.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗Read your papers aloud to hear your mistakes.


*all ready/already -*

ЁЯНГAll ready means everyone is ready.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗We're all ready for summer vacation.

ЁЯНГAlready means before.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗David had already complete that class.


*are/our -*

ЁЯНГAre is a verb, the plural of is.

ЁЯСЙЁЯП╗We are going to the store.

ЁЯНГOur is a possessive pronoun, meaning belongs to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment