Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Useful expressions for group discussion.

*USEFUL EXPRESSIONS FOR GROUP DISCUSSION*

1️⃣  Saying something in another way

🔸What I'm trying to say is...

🔸In other words...

🔸To put it another way...

🔸What I mean is...

🔸Perhaps I should make that clearer by saying...

2️⃣  Agreeing with an opinion

🔸Yes, I agree...

🔸That's my view exactly.

🔸I would tend to agree with that.

🔸I couldn't agree more.

3️⃣  Disagreeing with an opinion

🔸No, I disagree.

🔸I'm afraid I disagree.

🔸I see things rather differently myself.

🔸I wouldn't say that is necessarily true.

🔸I tend to disagree.

🔸I'm not so sure about that.

4️⃣  Partially agreeing with an opinion

🔸I don't entirely agree. It is true that......however...

🔸That is partly true, but...

🔸I agree with that to an extent. However...

5️⃣  Getting asked an opinion

🔸What do you think?

🔸What's your view / opinion?

🔸What are your views on...?

🔸How do you feel about...?

6️⃣ Saying your opinion could vary according to the situation

🔸That depends...

🔸I think it really depends...

🔸That depends on how you look at it.

7️⃣  Asking for clarification

🔸Could you please explain what ...(word)... means?

🔸Sorry, I don't understand the question. Could you explain?

🔸Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't understand the question.

🔸Sorry, can I just clarify what you mean. Are you asking me ...(say what you believe you have been asked)...

8️⃣  Asking for repetition

🔸Sorry, would you mind repeating the question?

🔸Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Could you repeat the question?


9️⃣  Summing up

🔸So all in all...

🔸To sum up...

🔸To conclude...

No comments:

Post a Comment