Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2022

While talking to your manager/ employer about appraisals, here are a few phrases that can help


While talking to your manager/ employer about appraisals, here are a few phrases that can help 

1. What's your opinion on my performance this year?
2. How can I improve my performance? 
3. Is there a chance of a salary raise/promotion this year?
4. What new aspects can I expect in my role going forward?
5. I'd love to take up some people management responsibilities as well - do you think I am now in a position where I can lead a team?
6. I'd urge you to reconsider the rating given that I have gone above and beyond in multiple occasions and also delivered on stretched targets. 
7. Could you suggest a few areas where you think I can do better to take my rating to a higher level in the coming year. 
8. I'd request you to reconsider the raise given to me. I assure you I'd deliver on all the targets that you set for me. 
9. What areas do you think I need to work on?
10. I'd request you to consider the industry standards for my position - I was hired at a much lower base and would really appreciate if my salary was brought closer to the market standards. 
11. I am really glad that you are satisfied with my performance. I am happy with my rating and the hike and would continue to deliver on my targets going forward as well.
12. I appreciate the trust you have placed in me. I assure you I will continue to work with the same zeal in the coming years as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment