Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2021

English grammar tips:


English grammar tips:

1. Me: use "me" when someone else performs the action.
She gave the cheatsheet to me.

Myself: "Myself" should only be used when you are performing the action on yourself.
I am so proud of myself for correcting my grammar.

I - use "I" when you are referring to yourself in the subject.
I used to cheatsheet to improve my grammar

2. Your: the thing belonging to you.
This is your pen.

You're: You are
Are you sure you're all right?

3. They're: a contraction of the words they are.
They're happy.

There: a location
We went to Paris and stayed there for ten days.

Their: the thing belonging to them.
The red one is their house.

4. Its: the thing belonging to it
The dog wagged its tail

It's: a contraction of words it is.
It's been two years.

5. Then: often used to situate actions in time.
I read the cheatsheet, then corrected the grammar in my essay.

Than: a conjunction used mainly in making comparisons.
My grammar is better than yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment