Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Choose the appropriate idiom given in the bracket and Fill in the blank .

Choose the appropriate idiom given in the bracket and Fill in the blank . 
( hit the nail on the head
, piece of cake, once  in a blue moon
, under the weather
, cutting corners
, add insult to injury
, Break a leg
, speak of the devil
, see eye to eye
, the best of both worlds
, you can't judge a book by its cover
, costs an arm and a leg
,
let the cat out of the bag, pigs fly
, kill two birds with one stone)

A) I can’t afford this purse! It _______. I won’t be able to pay my rent!
B) His birthday was supposed to be a surprise! I can’t believe you _____. Now he knows!
C) Ha! John has been promising to paint the house for five years…. Maybe when _______.
D) Yeah, it’ll _______. I need to sign some papers at Jenny’s school anyway so i’ll pick her up for you too.
E) I don’t really like going out to bars anymore. I only go _______.
F) I’m sorry I can’t come into work today. I’m ________. I have a sore throat and runny nose.
G) inf it was our fault!
I) I can’t wait to see you perform on stage tonight! ______!
J) Jane is just never on time to work, it’s really annoying. O wow, ______ here she comes…
K) So we’re going to London, then Munich, then we will fly out of Athens, right? Great. I’m so glad to be traveling with someone I _______ with.
L) Wow, she found her dream man and has now landed an amazing job. She really does have ______.
M) OK, she might not be the most attractive but _________. I’m sure she is a sweetheart.
N) I have been trying to figure this out for ages. Thanks so much, you’re right. You _______.
O) I can’t believe that was our test. I think it was easier than some of our homework! It was a ______.

No comments:

Post a Comment